More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The qualified candidate should have knowledge of the financial services industry. The candidate will join a team responsible for reviewing and addressing fraudulent activity; the team responds to and monitors reports designed to identify suspicious transactions and/or account activity. The candidate will also assist with the analysis of irregular trading and/or banking activity. The candidate will also be required to perform outbound calls to customers and take inbound calls from Customer Service to address any questions related to potential fraud and/or account abuse.
- Analyze customer accounts and information to identify fraud, risk, or account abuse.
- Monitor various alert types designed to identify potential risk and prevent losses
- Phone interactions with customers regarding fraud issues and security
- Partner with Customer Service, Investigations, and customers as appropriate to remediate Identity theft issues
- Maintain understanding of operational business processes, policies and systems
- Assist Fraud Operations with investigations as needed
- Ensure productivity, quality and internal deadlines are met
- Identify and communicate new fraud scenarios and/or process gaps to management and help with testing new parameters within the detection systems
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of internal procedures for review, research and investigation of cases
- Learn other operational support functions for backup and cross-training purposes when needed
- 1+ years of experience in financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in an area relevant to this position.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills including ability to research, analyze and present findings
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be dynamic and a self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, rendeirng overtime as needed to address business needs
- Customer service experience is a plus