Join the Everest 2022 Summer Internship Program! This is an exciting opportunity to receive exposure to the world of Property & Casualty Reinsurance and Insurance through dynamic training, firsthand business experience, and networking with the industry’s leading experts and experienced professionals. Throughout the Program, you can expect to build upon the academic foundations you have established at school and apply your learning to real world scenarios. The Program will run for approximately 10 weeks beginning June 2022.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
Our Strength – Our People
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today; Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest’s value commitments include: providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
Your Impact & Opportunity
- You will provide support to other pricing actuaries on individual account submissions and opportunities
- Partner with team leaders, analysts and peers on data manipulation and analytics, in an effort to support various lines of business
- You will collaborate on projects involving research on industry data sources
- Participate in leader led events, collaborate on cross-functional group projects, and engage in growth developmental activities
What You Bring: Experience & Qualifications
- You are a sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college/university, preferably majoring in Actuarial Science, Data Analytics, Math, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- While not required, having at least 1 passed actuarial exam is a plus
- Strong critical thinking, pattern recognition/detection, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess knowledge of, or aptitude to learn VBA, R, and SQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP).
- Excellent communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and priorities
Note, Everest does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite permanent US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration