Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated professional for a full time position. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common sense steps that will save lives. As a Research Analyst on Everytown’s Investigations team, you will join a multi-disciplinary group helping Everytown counteract the influence of the gun lobby. The Investigations team is part of the Law & Policy Department, which works to develop and advance Everytown’s policy positions to reduce gun violence in communities across the country based on the best available evidence and practices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and conduct research relating to the firearm industry and the gun lobby
- Contribute to drafts of analytically rigorous memos and other work products
- Monitor court dockets and federal/state/local regulatory filings
- Gather and analyze original quantitative and qualitative data
- 2+ years of experience in research
- Demonstrated research abilities, including open source data collection and analysis, press monitoring, and working with data sets
- Ability to translate research into actionable steps for Everytown’s educational and advocacy priorities
- Organized and able to communicate complex fact patterns or concepts clearly in writing
- Possess and maintain a strong knowledge of current events affecting the gun violence prevention
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starter who is willing to take initiative on projects
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Excellent judgment and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a busy open-plan office
- Flexibility to travel and work beyond regular work hours when needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.