The R&D Intern will assist in the development of nucleic acid detection methodologies and the evaluation of new technologies within the Research and Technology Development group. The position is intended to be a full-time opportunity for an engineering or science undergraduate to obtain hands-on laboratory experience in an industry leading research group while contributing to the overall company goals.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with basic laboratory experiments
- Assist with general laboratory duties
- Assist with DNA extraction methods
- Assist with nucleic acid amplification methods
- Assist with other support duties as assigned
· Excellent communication skills, teamwork, etc.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Any scheduling requirements:
o Ability to work designated schedule.
· Any physical requirements
o Ability to work seated for approximately _50_% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately _50_% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
o Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
o Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
o Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in field of Life Sciences
o Preference giving to candidates with a record of outstanding academic achievement
o Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Prior research and lab work
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.