Are you flexible and interested in a medical setting based in a High School …
with ability to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team…
Looking for either a Full time OR School Year ONLY position with Benefits
Where you have support and a helpful supervisor…apply now!!
Family Practice & Counseling Network, a federally qualified health center, is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Professional Counselor to function as a Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) in Philadelphia, PA. The BHC will be based in a new Healthcare Clinic within a High School.
The BHC functions as part of the primary care treatment team and provides behavioral health consultation, assessment and brief intervention to any teenager/patient needing services. The BHC will administer and review screenings and assessment tools to identify psychosocial, psychological and developmental struggles. The BHC will help provide trainings and teach the school system how to engage in the medical/behavioral health services. It is the role of the BHC to advocate for all patients and assist them with connecting with other services, such as Dental, higher level of mental health care, etc. The BHC will uphold the health center mission by assuring the delivery of high quality clinical services that result in better health outcomes and strong consumer satisfaction.
The BHC will have a choice to work 10 months (just during the school year) or full time (12 months) and float to other medical clinics when the school is closed.
- Brief Consultations – Assist providers in recognizing and treating mental health disorders and psychosocial struggles within the clinic setting
- Provide options counseling and referral to prenatal care as needed.
- Work closely with Providers at the site to identify at risk patients and collaboratively develop plans to prevent further physical or psychological deterioration
- Coordinate care of patients with medical/social work/outpatient and outreach staff to treat and manage patients’ chronic emotional and/or health struggles efficiently and effectively
- Charting- Utilize electronic medical record to document all patient interactions and complete all charting required by contracted funding sources to include assessments, progress notes and billing in a timely fashion (just SOAP notes –no treatment plans!)
- Refer patients to other levels of care or additional services as needed
- Assist with trainings to the school system about the services we provide
- Master’s degree in social work or Ph.D/Psy.D in psychology
- 1 year experience of experience as a therapist or related experience preferred
- Must be licensed in Pennsylvania as a:
- Licensed Clinical Social (LCSW);
- Licensed Psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.); or
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Ability to work effectively as a team, interfacing with patients, providers, behavioral health staff, as well as with administrative and support staff
- Demonstrates good time management skills and follow through
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of federally qualified community health centers that provides person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls FamilyPractice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Philly housed in Action Wellness(formerly Action AIDS). Today the Network serves more than 23,000 patients annually, is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home, and recognized by HRSA as a National Quality Leader for Behavioral Health.
RHD employees and programs in the City of Philadelphia are required to follow the COVID vaccine mandate. The City of Philadelphia has issued an Emergency Regulation Governing the Control and Prevention of COVID-19 Mandating Vaccines for Healthcare Workers and In Higher Education, Healthcare, and Related Settings (“Vaccine Mandate Regulation”), which mandates vaccine for healthcare workers and in higher education, healthcare, and related settings. This mandate became Effective on August 16, 2021 and requires Healthcare Workers and certain workers at Healthcare Institutions to be fully vaccinated by October 15, 2021. Fully vaccinated means it has been two weeks since the final dose of vaccine. The regulation does allow individuals to apply to RHD for an exemption based on a sincerely held religious belief that would prohibit vaccination for COVID-19 or because of medical conditions that preclude administration of one of the available vaccines.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.