Farm Design LLC is looking for an entry level Landscape Designer or Architect to join our growing team. We embrace regenerative practices.
We are located at the eastern tip of Long Island and work on diverse projects ranging from artist retreats, historic village homes and extended family compounds–where there is a great opportunity to design and build regenerative landscapes. We apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists, and horticulturists to create regenerative landscapes that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. For examples of our work, please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
We are currently in the process of renaming and rebranding Farm Landscape Design to better reflect what we do, and for whom we do it. We specialize in restoration and rewilding, but also offer more traditional landscape design services as well.
- Assisting Project Manager with all phases and all aspects of design work, beginning with schematic design presentations through construction documents and beyond.
- Prepare graphics for site analysis, schematic design ideas, 2-d and 3-d digital models, design development studies, and construction documents.
- Assist with site work, which includes meeting contractors, discussing design goals with clients, documenting existing landscape features, assessing the health and viability of both existing and new landscapes, preparing meeting notes and more
- Prepare and request for pricing documents using excel, analyze and compare bids, follow up with contractors and more.
- Proficiency in Auto Cad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Sketch Up
- Excellent graphic skills and aesthetics
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Responsible, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and or willing to learn landscape installation and maintenance requirements
- Experience with plants and planting, or demonstrated interest in ecology and ecological processes
- Familiarity of local building materials and their construction
- Must have your own car transportation, mileage is reimbursed
Remote work during the week is available. However, the candidate needs to be located within reasonable distance of our East Hampton office. Arrangements can be made to assist with housing during the trial period.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf, and 3 references. Submit separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
This is a full-time position. Salary is $60,000. Health and retirement benefits offered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.