Career Opportunity for Seniors!! This exclusive opportunity closes 9/24 at 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Safety | Soundness | Stability: The FDIC’s Financial Institution Specialist
Be counted among the most brilliant minds at the FDIC. We offer an exciting entry-level opportunity for college seniors and recent graduates in our premier bank examiner ranks. Our Financial Institution Specialist (FIS) position will place you on the front lines of America’s banking and financial services industry, performing mission-critical work and traveling the country in a unique role that only a few experience. As a FIS, you’ll get the skills you need to handle the ever changing requirements of the industry and learn everything you need to know to prepare for and advance in your career, while earning a competitive salary with incomparable benefits.
Successful applicants will join a team of experienced bank examiners within the FDIC’s Division of Risk Management Supervision (RMS) who travel across the U.S. to use their expertise on finance and banking operations to evaluate the financial health of FDIC-insured institutions and protect depositors and consumers from harm.
As a FIS with RMS, you will participate in the assessment of financial institutions to determine the existence of unsafe and unsound practices; violations of law and regulation; the adequacy of internal controls/procedures; and the general character of management. FISs also:
- Write comments and analyses for inclusion in examination reports and meet with insured depository institution officials to discuss the findings of an examination and, if necessary, any corrective programs.
- Participate as a member of a risk examination team. Review pre-examination data and assists with analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating earnings, liquidity, and capital.
- Research, compile, manipulate and/or evaluate data to prepare a variety of documents, management reports and presentations.
- Prepare examination reports and related documents (e.g. examination scope memoranda, work papers, Reports of Examinations, and Reports of Visitations).
- Attend meetings with FDIC officials, attorneys, accountants, representatives of financial institutions or other private sector representatives, and/or other federal and state regulatory agency officials to discuss issues of mutual concern when applicable, and under the guidance of higher-graded specialists/examiners and/or supervisors.
- Meet with and conduct interviews of institution personnel of various levels to determine their awareness of current laws and regulations, obtain information and documents, and provide feedback regarding examination activities.
- Identify and report unusual transactions, irregularities, weaknesses or deficiencies of the file documentation to higher-graded specialists/examiners and/or supervisors.
At the FDIC, we are committed to personal and professional growth opportunities for all of our employees. Our FIS position includes both formal classroom and on-the-job training to ensure that you are equipped with the tools needed for success. As a FIS, you can also anticipate regular non-competitive grade and pay increases during the program as you complete established training benchmarks.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, we are currently accepting applications for select locations. As an applicant, you may select up to three of these locations for consideration. Please note: Starting salaries range from $53,340 to $73,140 per year, depending on location, with regular salary increases and an excellent vacation and benefits package.
Successful applicants will start with the FDIC beginning in March 2021. Those positions are open to college and university students as well as recent graduates with majors in economics, accounting, finance, business administration, and related fields.
Travel. Grow. Advance. Apply today!