Summer Internship – Internal Audit
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We offer a dynamic, collaborative , team-centered environment that you may not find anywhere else. You will be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the world of financial services. We are currently seeking a summer intern to work in our Internal Audit department. Applicants should have an interest in learning more about Banking, Finance, and Auditing.
Who are we you ask? We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
The Internal Audit Internship will involve:
- Understanding the science of internal audit and its pivotal role in the governance framework of the Bank
- Assisting in the execution of audit tasks related to a broad range of operations across the Bank
- Assisting with identifying control issues and developing recommendations related to the Bank’s operations
- Developing a working knowledge of tools employed by Internal Audit, primarily Microsoft Excel, Word and our Governance, Risk and Control software, MetricStream
- Working alongside other Summer Interns on a Summer Capstone Project
- Completing ad hoc projects
- Applicants should be enrolled in a undergraduate program at an accredited institution
- GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing
- Interested in banking and/or financial services
- Internships will start in June.