Summer Internship – Member Products Support Group
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services. We are currently seeking a summer intern to work in our Member Product Support department. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Accounting.
Who are we you ask? We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
The Member Product Support Group Summer Internship will involve the following:
- Responsible for support of Member Product Support operations
- Gain an understanding of the various products and services the Bank has to offer, including advances and Letters of Credit
- Support the resolution of account issues ranging from basic to complex with a high level of service. This may involve working jointly with other departments and/or communicating across groups.
- Support the flow of documentation and related communication in and out of the Bank.
- Assisting with new projects and presentations
- Applicants should be enrolled in a undergraduate program at an accredited institution
- Should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing
- Desired fields of study include Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting (flexible)
Internships will start June 2021. The start/end date may be flexible based on school schedule