Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation’s largest investment managers with $500 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated’s diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8024
POSITION TITLE: INTERN – DATA SCIENTIST
DEPARTMENT: ADVANCED ANALYTICS & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
- In pursuit of a B.S. or M.S. in a STEM related field (Data Science / Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics and/or a related Advanced Analytics field) required
- Professional or academic exposure to data science concepts, mathematical modeling, algorithm development and computational tools on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies (i.e. R, Python, Spark (PySpark), Hadoop, SQL, Databricks) required
- Proficiency with data visualization technology and capabilities
- Proficiency with programming in Python, R, SQL or similar language
- Familiarity with varying database structures
- Using the latest technologies, develop machine learning algorithms and mathematical models on the Azure platform (e.g. Azure Cloud and Advanced Analytics Platform, Spark via Databricks, Azure Data Science VM, Tableau / PowerBI, etc).
- Perform large-scale data analysis by applying a research mindset with a bias towards action and an ability to structure the solution from exploration to prototype to implementation.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement / data modeling of existing data sources.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, data engineers, and business domain experts to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets / develop, prototype and test predictive algorithms.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups.
- Prepare written and verbal communications along with preparing and delivering data science artifacts (abstract, data sources / data dictionaries, code library, research / findings, modeling / deployment report, new ideas / next steps)
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Solid, proven grasp of data analysis required; Comfort in manipulating and modeling complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from disparate sources.
- Ability to collect, organize, blend, cleanse and synthesize large volumes of disparate data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- A visionary / innovation mindset with a passion for learning new technologies and translating data into business solutions.
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.