For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7996
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: FUND FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 5 years accounting or finance experience required
- 3 years’ experience in mutual fund industry and prior experience working with financial services fund administration functions preferred
- Strong Excel skills including V lookups and pivot tables
This position performs numerous assigned duties performed by the Funds Financial Services departments and works collaboratively with all Funds Financial Services departments and the various Fund Accounting Service Providers (“FASPs”).
- Complete certain responsibilities performed within the Fund Tax Department, including mutual fund tax provisions, fund asset diversification testing, fund tax reporting and required fund tax adjustments. Work closely with Fund Tax to gain a full understanding of applicable IRS and SEC rules and research their application if new or revised rules are introduced or when new transaction types or circumstances require.
- Complete certain responsibilities performed within the Funds Financial Reporting & Disclosure Department (“FFRD”), including review of funds’ annual and semiannual financial statements, review of regulatory portfolio of investments and resolution of external audit issues. Work closely with FFRD to gain a full understanding of Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”), SEC and Central Bank of Ireland rules applicable to assigned fund reports.
- Complete various responsibilities performed within Fund Treasury, including determining recommended period income dividend distributions, calculation and review of monthly and year-end tax calculations, reporting and adjustments, and monitoring non-US tax reclaim/relief at source. Work closely with Fund Treasury to gain a full understanding of the applicable SEC and IRS rules and research the application thereof when new circumstances require it.
- Complete certain responsibilities performed within the Fund Expense & Analysis Department; may include preparation of expense budgets, recordkeeping fee budgets, and/or review and allocation of fund invoices. Gain full understanding of the expense types that differ by share class for assigned funds and how these differences impact budgets and expenses.
- Complete various responsibilities performed within the Securities Valuation Department; may include review of the FASB’s Accounting Standards Codification No. 820 (“ASC 820”) fair value leveling report prepared by the FASPs and provide edits as required. Gain full understanding of the applicable sections of ASC 820.
- Prepare certain fund securities valuations Board reports, or review those prepared by the FASPs for some or all of the 8 domestic and offshore fund boards by established deadlines. Such reports may include fair valuations, foreign equity fair valuation back-testing results, as well as unchanged price reports.
- Complete additional departmental functions and special projects as assigned.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills with a particular attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide a high level of accuracy and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to perform effectively in a deadline-driven environment and to be flexible with changing priorities
- Proven ability to identify process improvements
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.