Facilitate the movement and administration of all department assigned products and services. Work with Members, Non-Members and Internal Customers to perform department functions that supports the Bank’s core business and strategic operations. Performs operational analysis and support for department assigned functions.
- Utilizing advanced data gathering tools (SQL, Power BI), analyze transactions (Safekeeping, Letters of Credit, Wires) to ensure current areas of risk are appropriately managed.
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of the Banking Operations department and be able to assist Members and internal partners in all areas of the department (Safekeeping, Letters of Credit, Member Maintenance and Wires). Represent Banking Operations on Member calls, in workshops and other sessions where Safekeeping and Wires expertise is needed.
- Review Member initiated transactions (Safekeeping, Letters of Credit, Wires and Maintenance) to ensure transactions have been appropriately initiated and are not in violation of current policies or procedures. Exercise sound judgment in processing and release of any non-Member initiated transactions.
- Responsible for compliance with department internal controls, policies, procedures, FHFA and other regulations. Suggest updates to procedures and assist with the annual review to ensure procedures and policies reflect most current operating environment. and
- Responsible for monitoring FHLB’s Federal Reserve account balance throughout the day to ensure sufficient account balances are maintained. Manage the end of day cash position for the Bank by communicating changes to Treasury. Provide assistance to Treasury Department or Accounting on internal wires and Members on external wires, by ensuring all wires are released in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and owning the process of Member mergers, acquisition, receivership, termination, or liquidations. Coordinate the handling of any outstanding obligations, capital stock, membership status and any other accounts/services held with the Bank and process accordingly. Coordinate with the Member, Non-Member, FDIC, or Agency for these or any other relationship changes as applicable.
- Responsible for OFAC/BSA/AML validation of all Bank transactions/requests that are or may become applicable by regulation or Bank policy. Determine quality of hits to decide when to complete additional research that must be preserved for support of decision to accept, block, hold, or report an entity or transaction. Ensure the Bank is operating with the most current OFAC list and update as needed.
- Identify out of ordinary processing, potential fraud or other areas that may result in potential exposure and recommend corrective action to protect the Bank and its members. Be able to identify and resolve problems in Bank and escalate or resolve as appropriate.
- Provides prompt, courteous service to all internal and external customers. Assist in departmental and group cross-training to enhance staff skill building in other areas of the department and group.
- Ensure all required reporting (daily, weekly and monthly) is delivered as requested by Members and other third parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other business-related degree
- 1 or more years of work experience with SQL or another like tool gathering and analyzing transactional data
- 2 or more years of work experience related to the financial analysis of financial institutions, which includes a broad understanding of operation and performance standards as well as experience in back-office operations with an emphasis in Wires, ACH, Safekeeping, or Credit Functions preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to analyze financial data such as balance sheets, income statements and regulatory reports.
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities, and exercise sound judgement while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills combined with ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple project assignments.
- Proficient PC skills