Forward is redesigning primary care from first principles. Forward’s mission is to utilize advanced technology to make the best primary care accessible to everyone. We’re tackling the fundamental problems of cost and access to care and aiming to make healthcare more preventive and proactive.
We are looking for a motivated Medical Assistant who thrives in a collaborative, innovative tech environment. You will be on the clinical frontlines supporting our members, and you’ll work alongside highly acclaimed, board certified physicians. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking hands-on clinical experience that can be applied to future medical professions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work alongside physicians to provide personalized primary care
- Use clinical skills for lab collection, testing, medical procedures
- Assist in care coordination of the patient experience
- Assist in building medical policies and procedures
- Perform back-of-house clinical diagnostics
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, physicians, and nurses
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in medical/clinical environment preferred
- MA certification not required
- Familiarity with phlebotomy or injections preferred, but we can provide training
- Hard working, detail-oriented individual with ability to problem-solve via critical thinking
- Interested in a career in medicine – this role is great for future RNs, NPs, PAs, MDs, DOs, etc. 🙂
- Support member experience onsite including helping members check-in, answering questions about our products and services, and giving tours of our site to prospective members
- Someone who likes to be around people and have fun!
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.