Please apply here.
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder’s Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
“How Forward Thinks About AI” [Engineering Blog Post]
‘Forward at Home’ Product Launch [TechCrunch]
“Health Moves Forward” [CEO Blog Post]
Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Work with top-flight software and hardware engineering talent from places like Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, designers, and operators.
- Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices.
- Collaborate with domain experts in fields like AI and NLP. Our engineers made major contributions to projects such as Amazon Go and TensorFlow.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. 🙂
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact – You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Full stack – You’ve done front-end, back-end, and every kind of end.
- Product passion – You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands, and work backwards from user needs to come up with solutions to problems.
- Entrepreneurship – You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission – you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player – You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- Curiosity – You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related field.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/goforward/622567b4-901d-4f8b-8f9d-f95f166f8f2f/apply
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.