Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of: an opportunity to build a lifelong career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. For more information on Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, please click here;
Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston is currently looking for a Learning & Development Manager. *$2000 signing bonus when you complete 6 months!!*
Basic Purpose: The Learning & Development Manager delivers workplace learning, performance improvement programs, and initiatives to best achieve long-term business success; add value in meeting the hotel’s needs by identifying and implementing learning and performance improvement strategies that support the hotel’s strategic direction; promotes a continuous learning culture; partners with stakeholders to ensure managers’ leadership skills are developed by means of their competencies and employees are trained on the needed skills to successfully perform their jobs to attain service excellence.
- Implements Vision: Creates a compelling picture of how the learning function can improve the performance of the hotel and execute the strategy.
- Establishes Strategies: Develops long-range learning, development, human performance strategies to implement the vision.
- Manages Staff: Responsible for an indirect reporting relationship with the Designated Trainers, ensuring their roles and responsibilities are supported, developed, and adhered to in standards achievement. Trains new Designated Trainers when required.
- Manages Peers: Ensures new managers to the company are given the knowledge and skills to successfully complete their 90-day probationary period. Trains managers to train their employees in the needed skills area.
- Supports Planning Committee: Trains and assists Planning Committee members to conduct management development programs, and blended learning programs to their direct reports.
- Drives Standards Achievement: Is a champion for Core and Culture Standards achievement through training, testing, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Operation Focused: Is involved in ensuring the necessary training and learning is conducted in departments on a consistent basis.
- Identifies Guest Expectations: Works with hotel management to identify performance gaps through the analysis of Glitch Reports, Guest Comment Cards and Richey International Spotter Reports.
- Facilitates Programs: Is able to facilitate learning programs for managers and employees when required.
- Collaborates with Managers: Consults with managers to determine solutions to needs and implement change initiatives
Who We Look For:
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: A university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in hotel operations, preferably Four Seasons or other service environments.
- Experience in adult education or a similar environment.
- Experience managing in diverse cultures.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
US work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
Some Benefits Four Season Employees enjoy:
- Ability to experience our hotels as a guest through the complimentary room program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Matching Plan
- Highly competitive salaries and incentives
- Educational assistance programs, as well as in-house training workshop for all employees.
- Complimentary Life insurance
- Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- And much more!
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources Office at 617-530-1754.