This internship is for students that are able to work during the fall season and will be remote.
Job Title: Business Development Analytics Intern
Reports to (title): SVP, Alternatives Business Development and VP, Offshore Accounts
The Business Development Analytics Internship is a unique internship experience in which the candidate will gain insight into several key initiatives at the firm and support a focused area of new business development.
This internship will leverage a range of data sources to identify and perform research on potential clients in a growing client segment for Alger.
The Business Development Analytics Internship is a wonderful opportunity for an eager candidate to learn more about the asset management industry, work closely with Alger team members across a number of departments, including Marketing and to contribute and gain real and varied work experience both in marketing and sales data analytics.
Working at Alger
Alger is an entrepreneurial, privately owned firm which encourages and empowers its employees to be intellectually curious and continually improve. We seek individuals who can think independently yet work collaboratively, are motivated to be best in class, challenge the norm and have fun while doing it. Alger values its employees and rewards them accordingly.
Alger provides ample training (see below) to employees and encourages employees to grow in their roles. This culture of continuous improvement is reflected by the fact that many Alger employees have worked at the firm for 10, 15+ years.
We offer a comprehensive personal wellness program that provides resources to help you take charge of your physical well-being, encourage a healthy lifestyle and better manage health care costs. Alger also provides its employees with numerous ways to save and invest, including a comprehensive 401(k) with a generous employer match, financial planning tools, automatic investing plans and more. Underlying our financial wellness program is a strong educational platform.
We’re focused on helping employees more easily manage their work and personal lives. Our life management programs include paid time off, sick leave, paid medical leave, paid parental leave, health club membership reimbursement program and helpful employee assistance programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with members of the distribution team to understand the business initiative and expansion into new client segments
- Help the team to identify key prospective clients, and perform valuable research on those firms
- Work with marketing to craft impactful outreach campaigns
- Interface with a number of departments across Alger
- Utilize Discovery database to gather information on a defined segment of Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) that invest in active equity strategies, including active Electronically Traded Funds (ETFs). Utilize a range of sources to gather information on Single Family Offices that invest in active equities
- After ensuring that no existing relationship exists, perform market research, with the goal of understanding how certain companies gain equities exposure and their activity in the active ETF market
- Identify key individuals, and their roles, within these firms and create target lists and tag distribution lists within Alger’s CRM Salesforce.
- Work with Alger’s Marketing team to develop and create thoughtful campaigns with the aim of introducing Alger and Alger’s thought leadership to these firms
- Pursuing undergraduate Degree
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in a 4.0 scale is required
- Desire to help learn about and drive a new business initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in data analysis; strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and pick-up new technologies and software
- Creativity and interest in problem solving
- High level of self-motivation and work ethic along with the ability to complete assignments quickly and accurately
- Positive attitude with a willingness to attack challenging intellectual problems
- Excel skills required (e.g. Tables & Formatting, Formulas, Conditional Formatting, Advanced Charting, Pivot Tables & Pivot Reporting)
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
To learn more about Alger, our philosophy and some of the people that drive our investment success please visit our Profiles in Success page HERE.
Alger is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Alger’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No qualified applicant or employee of Alger shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), mental or physical disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law (“Protected Characteristic”). This Policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, and termination.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Fred Alger & Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.