Acquisitions and Asset Management Interns
Galium Capital is a fully integrated real estate investment and management firm based in Miami, FL, with over $400M in real estate assets under management. Galium’s main focus is in the multifamily and office asset classes, always focusing on maximizing returns for investors through active-management and value-add strategies.
Galium is looking for an Acquisitions and Asset Management Interns to help in the operations of Galium´s current portfolio, with control and responsibility for the managed properties, as well as to support the acquisitions function in Galium´s continued trajectory. The Acquisitions and Asset Management Interns will be part of the Company’s team and report directly to the Asset Manager Director and Managing Partners, and will assist with full-cycle real estate transactions, including; sourcing, underwriting, due diligence and execution.
· Monitor financial performance of investments versus budgets and projections
· Work closely with 3rd party property managers to ensure efficient portfolio operation
· Create or approve yearly operating budgets
· Monitor capital improvement projects to ensure timely completion within budgets
· Work with lenders regarding loan maintenance and requirements
· Prepare quarterly property reports for investors
· Identify opportunities for value enhancement, improving cash flow and reducing expenses within the portfolio through the review of market data and benchmarks
· Travel to visit properties regularly
· Screen acquisition opportunities, following company-defined acquisition criteria.
· Conduct market research and analysis across geographies and asset classes.
- Oversee transaction execution.
· 1 to 2 years of experience in the finance or real estate industries
· Previous asset management experience
· Strong organization and analytical skills
· Proficient Excel skills
· Experience with project management or related
· Ideal profile: Proactive, good organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize work
The prospective applicant will be part of a fast-growing organization, with significant opportunity for professional development.