Gallagher is one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage, risk management services and human capital consulting firms. Every day our clients and prospects face massive challenges across a range of issues. Gallagher’s advisors understand an organization and how hard they work to deliver on promises. We act as a global partner to our clients in protecting, restoring and rebuilding their organization to be sure they are poised for growth and success. Our employees are fueled by teamwork, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
On a global scale, we provide a full range of retail and wholesale property and casualty brokerage and alternative risk transfer services, extensive employee benefit consulting, and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services, human resource consulting, and retirement services to clients around the world.
Gallagher was the only insurance brokerage company recognized as one of 2020’s World’s Most Ethical companies by Ethisphere which is the ninth consecutive year we have been honored to receive this distinction. In addition, we were recently named as one of America’s Best Employers for Women 2020 by Forbes.
Your Summer at Gallagher:
We are looking for internally driven individuals excited to explore a career in sales and client relationships that is rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. Your internship at Gallagher could be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
Nearly all of our entry-level sales hires started as an intern. We are very proud of this fact and believe it speaks volumes about our one-of-a-kind company and culture.
Gallagher is a unique organization defined and made better every single day by our dedicated employees. In addition, our comprehensive “learning by doing” experience that provides you with a realistic look at what it means to be a Gallagher Producer.
You will have an opportunity to work in one of our four divisions: Risk Management Services, Gallagher Benefit Services, Risk Placement Services or Gallagher Bassett Services.
A Tremendous & Rewarding Opportunity for candidates with the following:
- A competitive spirit, self-starter attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent relationship management, leadership and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- A passion to build a strong network and thrive within a growing entrepreneurial Fortune 500 organization
- A passion to learn and be mentored by employees excited to help navigate your care
- Sample Intern Projects & Responsibilities:
- Understanding Consultative Selling: Shadowing Gallagher producers, consultants and underwriting teams as they meet with clients and prospects to gain a better understanding of Gallagher’s sales and marketing process.
- Professional Development: Attending various weekly training engagements to further develop critical qualities of a successful client service and sales professional (i.e. communications, business etiquette, etc.)
- Competition: Participating in various national and regional sales competitions to challenge your passion for sales and curiosity of the insurance brokerage world
- Building Professional Acumen: Learning about Gallagher’s Risk Management, Benefits, Wholesale and Claims businesses to gain a better understanding of clients’ needs and opportunities for growth
- Culture: Adopting Gallagher’s unique culture, the “Gallagher Way,” on how to ethically serve our external and internal clientele; Participating in various local community service events
- Being a Team Player: Assisting in various regional and/or branch projects to support Gallagher’s sales and service initiatives
- Having fun!
- Rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2023
- Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following: Risk Management and Insurance, Sales, Marketing, Communications, General Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences
- All candidates are required to submit an application via www.ajg.com/interns
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. We will require proof of work authorization
- Willing to execute the Company’s Employee Agreement which requires, among other things, post- employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.