GMHC is a not-for-profit, data-driven, volunteer-supported, and community-based organization committed to national leadership in the fight against HIV/AIDS. We provide HIV prevention and coordinated care services to people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS in New York City.
This position will support the Development team in a variety of administrative capacities. The Development Intern shall support Institutional Giving by working as an intermediary between Development and IS teams, helping to track matching gift portals, and by supporting the grant research and writing process. The Development Intern shall support Individual Giving by cleaning up individual donor records in Salesforce, including administration of batch data imports. The Development Intern shall support Special Events with respect to production and execution of virtual special events.
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the internship:
- Track information and subscriptions to various corporate giving portals
- Assist with and support for grant research and writing, as needed
- Update donor information based on returned mail, phone/email request, etc.
- Provide support for virtual special events
- Other support/administrative duties as assigned, particularly special projects
- Winter/Spring Semester 2021
- 8 hours per week, minimum. The hours can be completed over 1 or 2 days.
Education and Certification
Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program in a college or university.
In addition to the above-listed internship responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this internship possesses most or all of the following:
- Previous experience with CRMs or corporate giving programs, preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills (e.g., attention to detail)
- Editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling)
- Interest in fundraising and development work
- Computer skills (e.g., software including MS Suite)
- Experience working cooperatively as part of a Team
- Culturally sensitive
- GMHC Intern Orientation
- The Development Intern will be trained on how to log in and access information on many of the major corporate giving platforms used by GMHC. Additionally, this position will be trained on how to access individual donor files in Salesforce to make basic updates to contact information. Training will last four hours in total; however, the team is available for ongoing training and support.
Email the following to Internships@gmhc.org
· Cover Letter
· Internship Application Form <<<<Click Here
This is an unpaid internship. We will work with students on what their goals are for the internship and can help a student to obtain academic credit for the internship.
Due to COVID-19, GMHC building operations are closed, though we are providing many services remotely. This internship is 100% remote. Applicants will need access to a computer and the internet.