Participate in experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a clinical or professional setting.
Community Engagement promotes Geisinger in communities throughout our footprint through strategic partnerships and donations of money, materials and time. As an intern, you will learn how strategic charitable donation, sponsorships, programming and economic development decisions are made and how Community Engagement supports business growth.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist with supporting the assigned area, gaining practical application experience, and expanding their knowledge and skills base.
- Interns will have the opportunity to observe the workplace and gain industry knowledge, while also performing job-specific tasks to assist with operations.
- Basic data analytics. Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Maintain and improve database technologies and processes for existing projects and processes to measure marketing program performance and enrich business / market intelligence.
- Partner and collaborate with Marketing and Digital Analytics teams.
- Performing comprehensive analyses of data and its trends.
- Preparing presentations, proposals and other marketing materials.
- Strong competency in MS Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong teamwork, communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to synthesize broad information into targeted messages.
- Curious, creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to take initiative in experimenting and not afraid of failing.
- Strong writing skills with a focus on clarity, brevity and engagement.
- Positive, flexible, can-do attitude and a team player.
- Project and time management skills. Meeting deadlines, editing, engagement, adaptability, organization, communication, teamwork, collaboration.
- Computer skills. MS Office, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Customer Relationship Software.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- This is a paid Remote/On-Site Internship with flexible days and hours. End date to be determined.
Under Graduate student:
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to complete an undergraduate degree program full-time
- Background in marketing, computer science, communications, health communications.