There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In the age of the digital consumer, Global Aftersales is vying to deliver the best automotive user experience, tackling one of the world’s most sophisticated supply chains and exceeding all service expectations. We are responsible for the conception, marketing, sale, and delivery of all automotive replacement parts worldwide for both GM and non-GM vehicles – and we’re the only business unit that supports the vehicle cradle to grave. Looking ahead, we plan to use a century of technical expertise to redefine the industry and introduce the next level of customer service in vehicle ownership.
Our Global Aftersales Engineering & Service Operations (GAESO) Internship program capitalizes on the strength of university talent and provides students a dynamic opportunity to apply their classroom learnings to scale. We’re seeking smart, curious, and bold individuals with a passion to usher in the age of machine learning. We want you to live the General Motors culture and behaviors and make an impact to our organization that will last well beyond the 10 -12 week experience.
Our GAESO interns will tackle numerous challenges that the industry is facing today a rapidly growing need for interchangeability of service parts, live diagnostic software for evolving vehicle systems, and the introduction of the electric vehicle platform into the service delivery lane. Students are prime to apply the latest innovative technologies and stretch their engineering capabilities as we delve into the world of artificial intelligence and computational thinking.
Interns will have a multitude of responsibilities such as:
- Represent Aftersales Service within the Global Vehicle Development process to communicate and implement strategies to improve vehicle serviceability and avoid warranty/dealer costs
- Investigate/resolve interchangeability of service parts
- Identify, develop and release responsible service parts in accordance with all Aftersales milestones for assigned global and local vehicle programs
- Construct analytical reports and automated processes using Power BI
- Research and design alternative processes for customer literature authoring (vehicle owner’s manual and dealer technician materials)
- Facilitate Simultaneous Release of service parts in the Product Engineering System at the required Global Aftersales milestones
- Complete Service part change management and release in the Aftersales System
- Identify requirements, lead development, and validate special tools per the global timing
- CCA Enineering locations will be Warren, Grand Blanc and Milford Michigan
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Automotive Technology
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- High aptitude for data analysis
- Prior internship experience in field of study
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Understanding and/or experience with Machine Learning, Mechatronics (incorporating Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in productions), Computer Programming & Software, Additive Manufacturing, Computational Thinking, and Robotics Maintenance
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Housing Assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.