Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated molecular biologist(s) to expertise in the area of design, development and execution of High-throughput pooled genetic screens. As part of our Platform biology team, the scientist hired will apply these approaches to the identification of ceDNA constructs with engineered improvements in performance from large combinatorial libraries, as well as testing of design concepts to aid rationale design strategies. This position offers high visibility in the company and opportunity to play pivotal role in advancing our platform technology. The role is cross-functional, with key interactions with bioinformatics, manufacturing and pre-clinical groups.
- Design and development of high throughput massively parallel genetic screening approaches for optimizing ceDNA construct performance in mammalian cells
- Analysis of construct performance and molecular attributes in vitro
- Work with bioinformatics to develop and implement workflows for analysis of multidimensional data sets.
- Utilize modern synthetic biology approaches to develop and implement strategies for vector and library construction.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day activities of Research Associates
- Work with a cross functional team including pharmacology and bioinformatics
- Manage CRO activities, including project design, timelines and quality of deliverables
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Virology, Mammalian Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience preferred
- Fluency and extensive hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques with a focus on application to mammalian systems
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise with concepts and techniques for execution of high dimensional massively parallel genetic screens.
- Experience with NGS methods and analysis, a plus
- Experience/ knowledge of AAV constructs, a plus
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis (e.g. Database curation/mining, Sequence analysis techniques and statistical evaluation of high-dimensional data sets), a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.