Database Programmer Intern for an Impact Company based in the Philippines
Who we are?
HOPE is a social enterprise startup that invests 100% of its profits to build much needed public school classrooms and other relevant high-impact ventures across the Philippines. In 2017, HOPE became the first and only B Corporation in the Philippines for meeting the highest standards of social and environmental impact. Hope was also recognized as Best for the World Honoree in both 2018 and 2019 for its positive impact on community.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for analytical, collaborative, and innovative interns to help us expand our data collections and produce impact reports.
- Excellent track record of academic achievement, and/or proven record of leadership in school or through extracurricular activities
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience in various data programs
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Understands the concepts of programming language
Friends of Hope (FOH) is expanding its data collection from all its programs to track and produce impact reports.
FOH needs a skilled person to design and develop a database that will enable administrators to input, retrieve, delete, and arrange data. The Database Programmer Intern may decide which programming language to use.
- Design and Test Database Plans: Database programmers design, write or modify programs to capture different types of data. Which then can be processed for things such as marketing strategies, impact, and donor reports;
- Provide Database Support: Part of the responsibility is to create training manuals to provide support to other teams or users;
- Construct Queries for Analysis: Development of Queries to manipulate information and achieve the goals of the organization;