Duties & Responsibilities:
The Applications Design Engineer is a key member of the technology development team and reports directly to the VP of Technology. The engineer is expected to have the skills necessary for performing the following responsibilities:
- Design new power electronics circuits and systems involving advanced power semiconductor components.
- Direct, hands-on troubleshooting of circuits, test systems, and apparatus used for evaluating ultra-fast, high voltage power devices.
- Prototype, construct, and test new power electronics circuits and systems involving advanced power semiconductor components.
- Participate as an author of applications engineering related publications, including but not limited to applications notes, conference papers, and refereed journal publications.
- Responsible for the system level application expertise & support on all SiC device activity targeted at the inverter and motor space
- Develop and manage bench application systems for device, module, and end unit evaluations
- Work with design teams to help define product requirements and product engineering on device level evaluation
- Design, build and test custom demonstration circuits to customer specifications
- Prepare research and development proposals for new applications of company products and services.
- Assist in the management and execution of research and development projects for new applications of company products and services.
- Interact with current or potential customers to assist in the design of new customer applications and products utilizing company products and services.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing literature associated with company products and services.
- Assist with technical sales as required.
- Experience with SPICE and similar tools for power modeling
- Practical experience in circuit design, debugging, control loop simulation, schematic and PCB layout
- Self-driven, aggressive, and good sense of what a start0up requires from its key people.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience as a power components user or applications development
- Semiconductor experience, and theoretical knowledge of common widebandgap semiconductor required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence preferred