Job ID: 221227
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manage and supervise the delivery of nursing care in all clinics in Health Services to ensure a quality standard of care.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• Represent health services in outreach events on campus
• Assess and address patient care complaints or concerns
• Inspect and maintain patient care areas for cleanliness, sanitation and safety
• Maintain equipment based on manufacturer’s guidelines and submit for repair as needed
• Participate on committees
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical records
• Follow safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
• Inventory medication and chemical supply; order medical supplies
• Serve as Employee Health Coordinator
• Oversee referrals
• Meet clinical staffing/scheduling needs
• Oversee and manage provider and clinic appointment schedules
• Oversee and administer the walk-in triage process to ensure adequate delivery of care
• Counsel nursing staff employees on deficiencies in job performance
• Conduct competency and performance evaluations on nursing staff
• Provide health statistics and information to governmental agencies as required
• Monitor and report influenza statistics
• Follow up on after hours patient phone calls
• Coordinate and oversee the Student Shadowing Program
• Recognize and assist in solving clinical and administrative issues
• Work with providers to assess delivery of nursing care
• Plan and develop training/professional development and/or educational programs for nursing staff
• Select, orient and evaluate nursing staff and graduate assistants
• Assess and maintain documentation clinical care
• Develop and update policies and procedures
• Organize immunization clinics
• Provide CPR training and certification for Health Services staff
• Assist with accreditation process
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
Other Required Qualifications
• Licensed as Registered Professional Nurse by the state of Georgia
• CPR certification
• Two or more years of nursing supervisory experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN)
$56,300 – $65,000
Required Documents to Attach
Please attach three (3) references to the List of References in Required Attachments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Ability to work well in a diverse environment
• Ability to solve problems and conflicts
• Proficient with computers and computer applications, including e-mail, medical management information systems software, Google and Microsoft Office
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
• Knowledge of accreditation procedures
• Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
• Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Apply Before Date
November 18, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
• Successful completion of urinalysis screening prior to employment
• Subject to random drug urinalysis screening while employed
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Required to walk, kneel and stand throughout day
• Assist other nursing staff in lifting a patient onto a bed/exam table
• Ability to maneuver equipment weighing weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Possible exposure to chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers, soaps, latex, plastic and other materials used for personal protective equipment
• Exposure to noise, distractions, unpredictable behaviors, and/or bio-hazardous materials including pathogen
• Work generally performed in office environment
• Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours
• Occasional travel required
• Ability to drive University vehicles
Standard and Education
2500101 – General Health Services
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University’s academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution’s Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2036856
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.