This 10-week paid internship program is an outstanding opportunity for undergraduate students to learn about real estate, asset management, and general business. We are seeking high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including female, Black, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American students.
GID is a privately-held, diversified real estate investment manager headquartered in Boston, MA. GID serves as general partner and co-invests alongside third-party institutional investors in each of its programs. Co-investment partners include some of the largest pension funds in the United States and a sovereign wealth fund. GID for its own account and its sponsored funds, owns 125 properties containing 35,555 units with an estimated market value of $17.6 billion. Within this portfolio, GID is building 18 multifamily properties with joint venture development partners in ten states consisting of 5,499 residential units. GID’s multifamily portfolio includes Class A, Class B, and Build-to-Core projects. GID’s in-house team is focused on the Top 20 US markets and has demonstrated competency in research, acquisitions, due diligence, development, lease-up, management, renovation, financing, technology, operations, portfolio management, asset management and dispositions.
GID is offering a premier paid summer internship opportunity in our Asset Management Group in Boston for students who are interested in the real estate industry. Each intern will gain meaningful work experience in a professional environment, working with one of the most preeminent real estate firms.
Duration: This full-time, 10 week paid internship begins on Monday, June 7, 2021 and ends on Friday, August 13, 2021.
Internship Highlights: Participants will be part of the Asset Management team at GID and will be assigned both a manager and a mentor. The program includes:
- Mentor and coaching program
- Professional development classes covering a wide range of topics including:
- Introduction to the Real Estate industry
- Macro Market Dynamics
- Market Selection – How to rank cities for investment
- Impact of Technology on Real Estate
- Deal Structuring
- Due Diligence Process
- Performance Reporting and Business Analytics
- Interviewing Skills
- Property Tours
- Social outings in Boston, including a Red Sox game
- A capstone project to be worked on throughout the 10 weeks and presented at the end of the internship to members of GID’s Executive Committee
Qualifications: The summer analyst role is for highly motivated, underrepresented candidates pursuing a college or university degree and is usually undertaken during the second or third year of study. If you have a demonstrated track record of the following, please apply below:
- Interest in private equity and/or real estate
- Working closely with team members on presentations and financial analysis
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth analyses
- Preparing presentations, proposals and other marketing materials
- Strong competency in MS Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork, communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Working knowledge of SQL. Ability to understand data structures and write code in SQL to extract information.
- Basic data analytics. Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Microsoft BI)
- Finance, Economics, Business, or Computer Science major