The internship/co-op candidates should be rising juniors or seniors that are pursuing degrees in engineering (e.g. chemical, mechanical or biomedical), biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, physics, or related scientific field. Hands on experience with lab work and/or engineering design from coursework, undergraduate research, or previous internships is required. The intern/co-op student would be matched to one of our many ongoing projects. The project areas for these positions include renewable energy technologies (e.g. fuel cells, electrolyzers, etc.), energy storage (battery development), catalysis, biomedical devices, assay development, and materials engineering among others.
Please specify whether you are looking for an internship and/or co-op and what periods of time you are available.
A candidate must:
· Have experience in planning, analysis and interpretation of laboratory experiments.
· Have experience with laboratory instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis software.
· Be a self-starter and problem solver.
· Be interested in learning new technologies.
· Have good hands-on and analytical skills.
· Have good oral and written communication skills.