Are you energized by a challenging role in the Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Investigator, Oncology (In Vitro Biology) role would be an excellent opportunity to consider.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. More specific activities include target validation using genetic and tool molecules to define the mechanism of action of targets and compounds using biochemical, cellular, and in vivo models. Studies will also involve identifying and developing pharmacodynamic markers and assays to be used in non-clinical and clinical studies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field
- Strong scientific background in cancer biology with 2+ years of post-doctoral or work experience
- Or non-Ph.D. scientists with 6+ years of drug discovery experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated ability to design, conduct, and analyze cell biology, cellular biochemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacology experiments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong background in cancer biology reflected in peer-reviewed publications
- Literacy/knowledge on how to leverage cancer genomics data and analysis methods for discovery efforts
- Experience/knowledge of tumor cell biology, including knowledge of the competitive landscape and standard of care treatments for major indications
- Experience in working with synthetic lethality targets
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment
- Experience/knowledge with liquid handling equipment and robotic systems
- Experience in cellular imaging and analysis
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.