COMPENSATION: This is a full-time paid internship with an hourly rate between $20-$25, dependent on experience.
LOCATION: This will be a remote position, but we are looking for candidates based in the Los Angeles Metro Area or willing to relocate.
DURATION: The internship will last 8-12 weeks over summer 2021.
Global Asset Capital is a privately held investment company engaged in private equity and commercial real estate. GAC has a successful track record of investing in specialty finance/real estate assets and building growth businesses. GAC partners with management teams to create long-term equity value while bringing global perspective, extensive resources and solid commitment to its portfolio companies.
GAC Group is seeking a passionate Real Estate Intern to join our U.S. real estate investments group. In this role you will work closely with senior members of the acquisitions team to identify, underwrite, and close transactions. This position offers an opportunity for direct exposure to different asset classes, markets, and deal structures. If you are successful during your internship, you could be given a full time offer upon graduation.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Market Research: Conduct market research to identify potential acquisition targets in major U.S. metros.
- Outreach: Interface directly with brokers and property owners.
- Analysis: Underwrite and perform initial analysis for potential acquisition targets.
- Administrative: Assist in various administrative aspects including pipeline management and deal categorization.
- Travel: Participate in site visits to potential acquisition targets (contingent upon health and safety restrictions).
You will be a great fit if you are:
- A rising senior or recent graduate in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Public Policy Management, Architecture, Real Estate Investments, or a closely related field;
- Excited by working with smart people doing interesting work;
- Value and model the attributes that make our organization great: solutions oriented, hard-working, detail oriented and highly organized, have a strong work-ethic, display intellectual rigor;
- A believer that diversity and inclusion drive a robust dialogue and improved decision-making;
- Proficient in excel and experience with Argus preferred;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and evolving priorities;
- Able to write and communicate clearly and concisely.