Duration: 9 weeks (Summer 2021)
Global Asset Capital (GAC) is a privately held investment company with offices in San Francisco and London. Through its Private Equity / Venture Capital strategy, GAC invests in early-stage and growth businesses across the technology industry, with a particular focus on consumer, fintech, and frontier technology. GAC is committed to partnering with founders and entrepreneurs to drive innovation and create long-term value.
Global Asset Capital is looking for a Summer Research Analyst to join the Private Equity / Venture Capital investing team for a 9-week remote summer internship program. The Summer Analyst will be responsible for leading projects focused on industry research and market analysis while receiving mentorship from experienced investment professionals and gaining broad exposure to all aspects of the venture capital investing process.
This role is for you if you’re eager to learn about the venture capital industry and ready to own meaningful projects from start to finish. You have basic research and analytical skills, and you want to apply them by diving into new and emerging areas of technology and developing investment themes and frameworks.
• Conduct cutting edge industry research and develop investment insights into areas of interest to the fund
• Perform strategic analysis on market fundamentals including sizing, growth drivers, and competitive landscape
• Identify and assess potential investment themes from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
• Create and present reports to the investment team
• Participate in weekly sessions to develop an understanding of investing and finance fundamentals
• Rising sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university
• Excellent critical thinking skills and sense of intellectual curiosity
• Interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation
• Strong sense of accountability, ability to operate independently, and reasonable degree of comfort with ambiguity and evolving priorities
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Value and model the attributes that make our organization great: solutions-oriented, hard-working, attention to detail, highly organized, strong work-ethic, and intellectual rigor;
• A believer that diversity and inclusion drive a robust dialogue and improved decision-making.
Global Asset Capital is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants. You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. GAC believes that our organization and culture are made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.