GIR data strategists contribute to our clients’ investment process through quantitative analysis and systematic solutions. We work directly with the full spectrum of macro and equity research analysts across the globe and interact directly with clients. We also collaborate with colleagues across other areas of the firm, including the Securities Division, the Data Intelligence Office, and Technology.
We are looking for innovators and problem-solvers, creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Successful candidates will utilize their strong quantitative, engineering and communication skills to work with research analysts and colleagues in other divisions to address client needs.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic data architecture to best position GIR to execute business opportunities for the firm and for our clients
- Drive the evolution of how GIR delivers data to internal and external stakeholders, including GIR’s contribution to the Marquee Data Services effort
- Leverage data initiatives and collaborate with engineers across the firm and adapt firmwide data initiatives to GIR’s needs
- Quantitative analysis, including alpha assessment, risk analysis, portfolio construction and return attribution to enhance investment strategies using GIR sourced and external data, including alternative data sources
- Coding skills in C++, Java, and/or Python and academic major in Math, Physics, Statistics, Finance, and/or Data Science