The position develops and maintains strong professional relationships and works collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Performs a wide range of complex administrative and budgetary duties in support of the Math and Physics department members. Will provide direction and support to other administrative support staff and student employees.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited institution with 3+ years progressive office experience, of which one (1) year budget or accounting experience OR Four (4) years’ experience in a progressive office support position including 2 years budget management responsibilities
- Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to create reports, containing graphs and other intermediate functions (e.g. perform mail merge, insert table of contents)
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookup, Match, “If” logic, filters, graphs)
- Microsoft Outlook skills to include the ability to create calendar invitations and maintain shared calendars
- Ability and disposition to learn new computer programs as they emerge
- Maintain composure in fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to accurately input data into various systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal and external customers
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with Banner, Concur, and/or EMS.
- Experience with other relevant software products, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Basic, SQL, and/or HTML.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status