At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a leading global supplier of maintenance, repair, and operational supplies, providing services and solutions for every industry. Our 23,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways; focusing on delivering the highest level of service leveraging the most innovative solutions. In the Grainger Technology Group, we deliver the technology platforms, systems, and services that power the Grainger business. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
The GTG internship is a 10-week program based out of our downtown Chicago office. You will work alongside team members on functionality that has a direct impact on the business. Throughout the summer, there will be plenty of time for networking, professional development, and social events. At the end of the internship, you will present your work to senior leadership.
The internship is paid and free housing is provided in downtown Chicago for all Grainger Technology Group interns. At this time, we plan for our 2022 internship program to take place in person. However, we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will take all necessary steps to ensure team member safety.
We are looking for engineers with strong technical skills in various disciplines including data engineering, data visualization, cloud infrastructure engineering, performance and site reliability, networking, security, mobile development, web development, and more. You will contribute your skills to a specific team and may have the opportunity to work with your intern peers on additional projects. Through your work and other development opportunities, you will grow your technical skills and understand how our technology stack empowers our business to serve our customers.
- Design, build, test, and deploy innovative software solutions
- Develop new features, identify and implement bugfixes
- Operate effectively in an Agile development environment
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display a proactive, results-oriented attitude; superb work ethic, and flexibility to work in an environment of constant change
- Pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more general-purpose programming language
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- Preferred major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Expected graduation with a Bachelors or Masters degree between Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- Does not require sponsorship
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.