EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
(1) Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians with a current license and board certification in psychiatry or board eligible in the state in which services are provided, or a current resident in psychiatry practicing as described in OAC 317:30-5-2.
(2) Practitioners with a license to practice in the state in which services are provided, licensed by one of the licensing boards listed in (A) through (F) below. The exemptions from licensure under 59 §1353 (4) (Supp. 2000) and (5), 59 §1903 (C) and (D) (Supp. 2000), 59 §1925.3 (B) (Supp. 2000) and (C), and 59 §1932 (C) (Supp. 2000) and (D) do not apply to Outpatient Behavioral Health Services.
(B) Social Work (clinical specialty only),
(C) Professional Counselor,
(D) Marriage and Family Therapist,
(E) Behavioral Practitioner, or
(F) Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Certified Behavioral Health Case Management recommended.
An expectation of core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of the principles and tests, the application of psychological theories with respect to group and individual behavior; of mental illness, its symptoms, treatment, and social implications in relation to patients and family.
Skill in diagnosing and developing treatment plans; evaluating a wide variety of clinical data; in carrying out courses of treatment; in counseling and guiding individuals; and in communicating clearly, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of counseling and psychotherapy techniques for individuals, families and groups.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and/or psychology and of current social and economic problems.
Knowledge of personality development and structure.
Knowledge of diagnostic formulations – current categories and psychotropic medication.
Knowledge of rehabilitation approaches utilized with the Severely and Potentially Mentally Ill.
Knowledge of ability to interpret appropriate psychological testing reports.
Knowledge of general age groups and other special populations.
Skill to adapt to a variety of settings.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible and immediately supervised by the Services Administrator.
This position is responsible and held accountable for the following duties:
· Must meet Agency standards of billable services and fiscal responsibility as designated by the County Administrator.
· Case evaluation and assessment, individual and group counseling, and case management/
Rehabilitative services as needed.
· Screening and crisis intervention as assigned.
· Interviews clients on initial visit to clinic and obtains identifying information and information relevant to client complaint and makes appropriate referral or assignment to appropriate clinical services.
· Responds to emergency calls from clients, provides crisis intervention, counseling, supportive counseling for referral to appropriate agency or therapist based on client needs.
· Provides the initial diagnostic impression and initial treatment planning.
· Participates in diagnostic and evaluative staff meetings to discuss the diagnosis, etiology, treatment and disposition of patients.
· Ensures that appropriate documentation and clinical records are maintained.
· Attends PI Meeting when necessary.
· Provides psychological counseling and therapy to individuals, groups and families experiencing behavioral, emotional, chemical dependency, and adjustment difficulty and case management services as needed.
· Completes all Agency documentation of services in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
· Participates in staff conferences designed to review social, medical, and psychological data for use in the placement, care and treatment of clients.
· Guides and directs treatment in partnership with other members of the Care Coordination Team to assist consumers in meeting their identified goals.
· Consults with other Agencies and professionals regarding clients, including day care centers, schools, court systems, health clinics, physicians, clergy, and other mental health professionals.
· Do required phone liaisons and paperwork as required by third party reimbursement to be compensated for services.
· Must maintain licensure requirements.
· Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job requirement.
· Must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position (this may include transportation of clients).
· Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as requested.
· Participates in staff meetings.
· Must meet “satisfactory” expectations at any scheduled job performance evaluation. Quality of work will be evaluated through training, skill, or special purpose. Must be competent and adequate.
Must perform the specific job duties as listed above to meet position expectations.
In addition, must possess skill in working cooperatively and effectively with clients, staff, management and other professional groups; in exercising mature judgement in dealing with people; in presenting ideas clearly and accurately; in reading and comprehending the English language; and in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
– NHSC Loan Repayment Program at Approved Locations–