The Greysteel Company is a leading commercial real estate and capital markets services firm with offices nationwide. Greysteel serves as trusted advisor to private, middle-market and institutional developers, owners, and investors in investment sale, debt placement, and structured finance transactions. We are seeking candidates with integrity and passion to join a growing platform of the best commercial real estate advisors in the industry. Everything Greysteel does is guided by a set of principles that define our character and culture as we deliver the right team, the right solution, the right way.
The Jr. Investment Sales position is the perfect opportunity for an aspiring commercial real estate professional. This opportunity will work directly with a team of Financial Analysts in the support of underwriting, market research and due diligence support for existing teams. Ideal candidate have a desire to become a broker in time and can leverage this position as an entry point.
- Support a team of sales agents in their marketing, negotiation, and closing of real estate investment sale on behalf of owners.
- Contribute to Greysteel’s proprietary database by submitting notes regarding investor or lender investment objectives or programs.
- Monitor market activity on a daily basis and maintain a database of sales comparable(s) by utilizing platform tools and subscriptions.
- Conduct competitive rental surveys by calling and visiting properties when underwriting investment sales in order to determine market value.
- Prepare proposals and memoranda featuring customized economic, market, and area overviews, as well as site level specifics.
- Use Greysteel’s financial modeling tools, including but not limited to Argus and MS Excel based discounted cash flow models to analyze and project sale price.
- Read, review, and summarize real estate documents (i.e. leases, operating statements, tax returns, environmental and engineering reports, appraisals).
- Facilitate and manage due diligence processes.
- Lead and participate in proposals and presentations.
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail.
- Minimum two to three years in commercial real estate.
- Developed capacity to work autonomously and be a “team player”.
- Excellent leadership and multitasking capabilities.
- Established ability to comfortably interface with executives and make presentations.
- Must have knowledge of local real estate market.
- Sales experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate or advanced degree preferred.
- Real Estate Salesperson License preferred.
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.