Guggenheim Securities, the Investment Banking division of Guggenheim Partners, is seeking a Summer Analyst to join its Structured Products Origination team. Structured Products is a core focus area at Guggenheim, and the firm is a market leader in providing its clients with a broad range of financing solutions using securitization technology applied to a variety of non-traditional asset classes, including franchise royalties, IP rights, billboards, aircraft, tax liens, cell towers, venture debt and others.
Securitization is a technology that, by combining and isolating assets with stable, predictable cash flows, enables an issuer to access attractive sources of financing when compared to traditional forms of debt. Securitization results in the tranching of cash flows generated by a pool of assets into one or more instruments which carry varying risk/reward profiles, called Asset-Backed Securities, and the subsequent sale of the resulting instruments to investors. Asset-Backed Securities are frequently categorized based on the underlying assets which back them, which range from the traditional (auto loans, student loans, credit card receivables, etc.) to the non-traditional (franchise royalties, tax liens, venture debt, etc.).
Guggenheim ranks as the #1 underwriter of Non-Traditional Asset-Backed Securities, with over $20 billion raised across 35+ transactions executed since 2014, including hallmark deals for Domino’s, Dunkin’ Brands and Taco Bell.
The role will be located in the firm’s New York office.
Essential Job Functions
- Support deal team in all aspects of securitization transactions across a variety of non-traditional asset classes
- Help prepare marketing presentations, term sheets and rating agency materials
- Gain an understanding of securitization cash flow modeling
- Conduct market research and industry review projects for new asset classes
- Develop and maintain databases and automated tools used by the team to track information such as transaction pricings, investor participation, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills required
- Familiarity with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint required; previous experience with VBA within MS Excel or other programming experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, with initiative and ability to multitask and work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm
- Must on track to receive a Bachelor’s degree in Dec. 2022 or Spring 2023