Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial markets. We are a values based consulting firm that guides our clients forward towards new futures through our work in strategy, operations, risk, and technilogy consulting. We are a firm that seeks to build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve our States, Counties, Cities, Non Profit, and Multi-lateral clients in the areas of: economic development, sustainability, disaster recovery, business design, organizational strategy, technology strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, technology implementation, risk management, compliance monitoring, and program management.
We deliver compelling, high impact solutions to our state and local government clients’ toughest business and technology problems. We translate strategy into action.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 0 years
- Minimum Degree Status: Masters Degree-Must still be enrolled in an accredited degree program in Fall of 2020 and graduate by Summer of 2021 (MBA and MPP Degrees preferred)
- Ability to accommodate an expected summer 2021 start date
- Demonstrates knowledge in and passion for improving state and local government through academic courses and project work; Preferred degree programs include business, public policy, urban planning, economics, engineering, and math
- Demonstrates proven success and thorough skills to define and lead client-work including conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, developing implementation plans, managing multiple stakeholders, and communicating with varying audiences
- Demonstrates proven success and thorough knowledge of key facets of state and local government, including the following: Sub-verticals including sustainability, urban planning, education, housing, transportation, justice, and/or administration
- Demonstrates proven success as a team leader, creating a positive environment and managing staff workloads, while meeting client expectations to include: Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, keep leadership informed of progress and issues, and answer questions and offer direction to less-experienced staff.
- Demonstrates proven success and thorough knowledge of core management consulting skills such as project management, financial modeling, operational modeling, and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program