Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
Interns support project teams both at client sites and internally. Responsibilities will include client management, solution implementation and generation of project results. As an intern, a key function of your role will be to create and present quality deliverables that support essential project workstreams. You will gather and analyze data, identify gaps and trends, and make recommendations related to baseline performance and structure, as well as established best practices and benchmarks.
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to explore a career at Guidehouse, deepen specialized industry knowledge, and develop your consulting skills.
- Performing technical and economic analyses; data collection; spreadsheet creation and management
- Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies
- Building and technology energy simulation modelling
- Field performance measurement and data collection of building and industrial process energy systems
- Providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Assessing technologies and analyzing technology trends
- Developing technology strategies for utilities, government, and energy companies
Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through reports and presentations
- Graduating with an undergraduate’s degree between December 2021 and June 2022 in a business, policy, environmental, economics, finance, engineering, science and/or related discipline
- Strong interest in business strategy and energy
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with economic and financial analysis and research
- Proactive and independent work style
- Ability to assume ownership of significant portions of tasks while collaborating with a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
The position is a less than three months role.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program