GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and organized individual to serve as Development Intern.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $60M capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and education space. The goal for groundbreaking is late 2021.
Internship Dates: August 30, 2021 – May 22, 2022
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Chief Advancement Officer with all administrative aspects related to development (fundraising) and marketing including letters, mailings, data entry, recordkeeping, calendar scheduling, and email communications
• Assisting the Annual Giving and Events Manager with all aspects of planning and delivering in-person and possible virtual events including opening night celebrations, recognition events and our annual Gala
• Participating in all high-level meetings (internal staff, development committee, Capital Campaign Committee) and compose minutes
• Communicating with donors and patrons regarding their donations and ticket purchases
• High level of customer service work
• Possessing the ability to work on the fly, multi-task at the highest level possible, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate flexibility, accept regular feedback on work and performance, and be change-oriented and open to constant adaptation of duties and activities
The ideal candidate is a strong, team-spirited self-starter who is excited to join a tireless, rapidly-growing, and attitude-forward regional theatre. Candidates should be friendly, excellent with patrons, staff, and visiting actors alike, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Interns will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at performances, special events, and meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• One to two years of experience in the field (including at the college level)
• Classwork or experience in development, marketing, communications, public relations
• Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Knowledge of WordPress, OvationTix and Raiser’s Edge appreciated but not required
Furnished housing with a private bedroom and shared living space, internet and cable is included. There is a washer and dryer in the apartment. The apartment complex has a pool and fitness center on site.
Weekly stipend: $200/week
Gulfshore Playhouse is currently taking extra measures to keep its staff and patrons safe during these times. All staff are required to wear masks at all work sites at all times, and extra measures are taken daily to ensure a clean working space is maintained. More can be read here:
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Kimberly Dye, Chief Advancement Officer, at email@example.com to apply.