Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, FL is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and organized individual to serve as Education Intern. Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $55M capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and plenty of education space. The project is currently in the construction document phase.
Gulfshore Playhouse Education serves over 14,000 people per year, reaching out and enhancing the lives of children, teens, and students of all ages. Our programs help teach real-life skills and learning experiences that are nurturing, invigorating, and readily accessible to everyone, thanks to our scholarships and reduced-priced programming for our schools and community organizations.
Our programs include in-school residencies, pre-professional training, audience engagement, and so much more. With each year, Gulfshore Playhouse continues to touch the lives of tens of thousands of students throughout Southwest Florida.
As Education Intern, job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with our STAR Academy productions, during rehearsals and performances
- Assist with our ThinkTheatre programs in creating and organizing curriculums
- Organizing and leading theatre workshops for in school and after school programs
- Be part in developing new education and outreach programs that will leave a long lasting impact on students of all ages and backgrounds
- Develop new topics and series for our Broadway Bootcamp workshops
- Work closely with the Director of Education and the Education Assistant on planning programs for in-school and after-school programs, outreach programs, etc.
- Assist with our in-school touring production program
- Attend and participate in pre-show discussions for our productions
- Work alongside other departments regarding STAR Academy productions, audience engagements series, etc.
The ideal candidate is a strong, team-spirited self-starter who is excited to join a tireless, rapidly-growing, and attitude-forward regional theatre. Candidates should be friendly, excellent with patrons, staff, and visiting actors alike, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Employees will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
- One or two years of experience (including collegiate work)
- Experience in theatre, theatre education, teaching, and outreach and engagement
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for theatre, theatre education and outreach
Furnished housing with private bedroom and shared living space, internet and cable included.
Weekly stipend: $200/week
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Steven Calakos, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.