Running Press, a Philadelphia-based imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, is seeking an editorial assistant to support the Publisher, Editorial Director, and editorial department. This is an entry-level role in our editorial department, with opportunities for learning and growth.
- Interact professionally with authors and their literary agents, as well as internal departments within Running Press and Hachette, including design, publicity, marketing, production, sales.
- Draft and circulate contract forms, process check requests, and send out payments and executed contracts.
- Draft descriptive copy that will be used to explain books to the sales and marketing departments.
- Attend and take notes at editorial meetings, and attend marketing and sales meetings as required.
- Review book proposals from literary agents and discuss with editorial team.
- Research book sales using internal and external databases.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and share ideas for books and other product.
- Perform administrative duties, including: scheduling, photocopying, handling mail, filing, directing/responding to inquiries, ordering office supplies, maintaining book archives, misc. research projects, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a College degree.
- Be passionate about books
- Be open minded and curious about pop culture
- Be passionate about the creative process and sharing ideas
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Be highly organized, capable of multi-tasking, and detail-oriented.
- Be able to work effectively with colleagues at every level of seniority.
- Be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate imagination, creativity, and original thinking.
- Be comfortable using email, calendar management, and file management tools.
- Be familiar with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel or other like tools.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.