The Publicity and Marketing Associate will report to the Director of Marketing and Executive Director of Publicity; they will coordinate all aspects of publicity and marketing campaigns for roughly 20 titles/year across both the Hachette Books and Hachette Go lists, from planning to implementation, will serve as a liaison between the imprint and all types of media and bookstores, and will communicate directly with high profile authors and literary agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently run publicity and marketing campaigns for titles across the Hachette Books and Hachette Go lists
- Write press releases, create press kits, pull press lists, send mailings.
- Organize author tours and events and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Pitch and secure media
- Coordinate sales materials and answer general queries for the sales representatives.
- Organize mailings to bookstores
- Work with third-party organizations and businesses to create cross-promotional opportunities for books and authors
- Plan and execute social media campaigns with authors and other imprint-branded channels
- General responsibilities include distributing in-house materials, booking author travel, maintaining author tour schedules, updating publicity databases.
- The associate will also communicate with senior sales management, key account managers, media, booksellers, as well as high profile authors and literary agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interest in book publishing is essential, along with a strong interest in publicity and marketing.
- College degree preferred, minimum of one year of work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel, various database programs; comfort with social media metrics, content creation, and scheduling; and the ability to multi-task and attend to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Internet savvy a must.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings.
- The successful candidate must be able to work both independently, on assigned campaigns, and as part of a team, as a key liaison representing our imprints to the sales department, outside accounts and authors.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.