Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better – advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
A day in the life of a Mental Health Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assess patients in the mental health emergency room, on inpatient units, or off-site, for treatment needs, including needs for referral to other hospitals/services.
- Utilizes knowledge of techniques, and regulations appropriate to the ages and conditions of the patients served.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with patients and their families while responding promptly to their inquires and requests.
Develops an effective and appropriate treatment/referral plan that directly corresponds with the patient needs as identified through those assessment.
Coordinates with any and all necessary other mental health providers to continue patient’s treatment.
Makes all necessary arrangements with and communicates all necessary information to these providers to meet the patients needs as determined through the assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Minimum of two years of post-Bachelor’s experience in mental health or State of New Jersey Division of Mental Health Services approved equivalent experience.