The Hans Riemer for County Executive campaign is seeking research and political interns who have a passion for progressive politics, and the research it takes to pass legislation! Candidates should have the desire to learn more about what goes into policy and the drive to be the next leaders in their communities.
- Assisting the Research Department with policy backgrounding
- Complete research projects related to voter outreach and engagement
- Be on hand to complete rapid response/emergency research projects as the need arises
- Communicate with voters and assist with call time
- A weekly time commitment of 10 hours
- Completing a minimum of one voter contact shift per week
- We will work with your institution to provide school credit for this internship
Hans is a progressive At-large Member of the Montgomery County Council who is running for MoCo County Executive. Growing up in Oakland, California, Hans learned from an early age that progressive social change is necessary for disadvantaged communities to make progress, and has dedicated his career to that cause since.
Hans understands the crucial role that young people play in politics and wants to ensure Democrats are training the next generation of political activists and leaders. He first worked with Rock the Vote to register nearly a million young voters during the 2004 election, and then went on to join the Obama campaign in 2007 as the National Youth Director, aiding the campaign to what became known as the “Year of the Youth Vote” by Times Magazine.
Hans and his wife, Angela, have two children who attend public school in MoCo, where Hans works every day to promote progressive policies such as sustainable energy and liveable communities for anyone, regardless of income, race, or zip code.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap, veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or upon any other unlawful basis.