As an Asset Management Analyst, you will be expected to provide analytical and administrative support for a variety of asset management functions across the company’s real estate investment portfolio including, to start, a new 56-property portfolio located in the Midwest and Southeast. While working closely with the Asset Management team and interacting with the other corporate teams including Property Management, Investor Relations, Transactions, and Accounting.
- Provide monthly financial and variance analysis for the assigned portfolio and properties.
- Provide ad hoc portfolio level and asset level financial analysis, cash flow forecasting, and market research.
- Develop a working knowledge of the properties, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other agreements to assist with general responsibilities.
- Participate in regular calls to review portfolio and property performance with the VP and property management teams.
- Support monthly Executive Committee and Asset Management Meeting reporting activities and related Q&A.
- Support quarterly investor reporting activities and assist with Q&A with the investor relations group.
- Assist with hold/sell analysis and transactional support for dispositions including buyer Q&A and requests for information.
- Assist with regular site visits.
- Assist with real estate tax appeals.
- Assist with loan administration, reserve administration, and lender/servicer interface.
- Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Harbor Group Management Company
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in real estate and/or finance; experience with multifamily properties preferred.
- Previous real estate financial analysis and modeling experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of real estate accounting, financial statements, and variance analysis, preferred.
- Experience abstracting loan documents, preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An investment mindset with a thorough understanding of financial calculations such as NPV, DCF, and IRR.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required; proficiency with MRI, OPS Technology, Axiometrics, and/or LRO a plus.
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- A team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to balance competing priorities. Able to work with time sensitive, detail-oriented material and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to travel frequently.