Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join HCA’s StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Frankfort Regional Medical Center is a 173 bed, Level III Trauma, Magnet designated facility. We are a Joint Commission Accredited, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of the nation’s largest and leading healthcare systems, offering you job security, reputability, and flexible career paths, among other benefits. Our focus is simple- putting patients first. We have embraced this philosophy by focusing on patient care practices and new technology, keeping patient safety a top priority.
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11-14 Week Orientation:
- 5-7 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, and hands-on skills/simulations
- 6-9 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
**Two year commitment required to unit and facility
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. In addition to job security and the reputability that comes with HCA, your benefits will include a competitive salary, 401k with 3-9% matching, paid time off, extended FMLA, four medical plan options, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intrigued? Don’t wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.