HDLA, an award-winning landscape architecture firm located in Nashville, TN, is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Designer with 0-4 years of professional experience to join our energetic and creative design studio.
HDLA is a Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning Firm, committed to design excellence and the creation of sustainable, beautiful, and memorable landscapes that evoke a sense of place and connect communities to the built environment. HDLA values professional growth, work-life balance, and a collaborative open office environment. HDLA’s diverse portfolio includes high profile urban spaces, parks, retail, mixed-use and civic centers, multi-family residential communities, institutional and campus planning, medical facilities, and green infrastructure. For a more in-depth cross section of work, please visit www.hodgsondouglas.com.
Successful Candidates will demonstrate a superior level of design skill, creativity and a passion for continued learning and professional growth. Candidates must be creative, organized, detail-oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities, and able to work collaboratively and confidently within a project team. Candidates should be passionate about design and the practice of landscape architecture and motivated to make an impactful difference in this profession and it’s changing role in shaping built environments.
• 0-4 years of professional experience
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office required
• Working knowledge of SketchUp and other 3-D modeling programs (Lumion preferred)
• Excellent hand graphics, specifically at the conceptual level
• Broad understanding of plant material selection and use
• Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
• Construction document and detailing experience preferred
• Strong oral, written, and graphic communication skills
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy