HDR is a global design firm that is world-renowned for award-winning designs of urban environments, campuses and buildings in the healthcare, civic, justice, higher education, corporate and science + technology fields. HDR advocates integrated and multidisciplinary design, with projects that respond to the important cultural, contextual and functional influences of more than 60 countries. HDR professionals— architects, engineers, planners, consultants and interior designers who are located in more than 40 offices worldwide—are also HDR owners. Their leadership and HDR’s entrepreneurial corporate culture fuel success for both our clients and individual employees. Employee satisfaction is clearly based on the firm’s commitment to professional development, career advancement and to providing a working environment that allows for the free exchange of ideas within the firm.
HDR is looking for an Architectural Designer to join their team in Princeton, NJ. The primary responsibilities of the Architectural Designer include:
· Collaborating on design projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development.
· Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
· Resolve complex technical and design issues.
· Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
· Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
· Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
· Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture required.
· Experience with 3D visualization and physical modeling technologies.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· AutoCAD experience required.
· Knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up and Rhino preferred.
· Knowledge of energy analysis and parametric modelling is desired, but not required.
· Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registration.
· Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired, but not required.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.