About Heali AI:
Heali’s mission is to change how the world uses food as medicine. We are the first clinical grade nutrition platform leveraging a proprietary nutrition ontology, machine learning and a suite of technologies in an iOS and Android app. More can be shared on an individual basis.
The core team consists of serial entrepreneurs, CS PhDs, registered dietitians, and alumni from Google, Amazon and Snapchat. Our tech stack is mostly React Native on the client side, and Node.js + AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, and EC2 on the server side. You would be tech lead to a 3-5 person team and reporting directly to our Chief Science Officer, William Brendel. This position is designed for someone who is self-driven, curious and passionate to work with an entrepreneurial team with high aspirations to change how the world uses food as medicine.
- Full-time role with compensation in stock only
- Work preferably from Santa Monica, CA headquarters
- Commitment: 40 hours per week minimum with additional hours to meet targets.
- College completion in Computer Science (minimum BS)
- Required experience with: Node.js, React.js or React Native,
- Optional experience with: Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Dynamodb, EC2, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Develop with our engineering team React Native Mobile solutions for our B2C products
- Develop web apps and html embeddable widgets for our B2B products
- Develop tools to benchmark our technology on large dataset
- Help the science team to transfer their AI and AR technology into our products
- Marketing activities including advocacy and grassroots activities to increase word-of-mouth
- Accountability. Thrives in working autonomously and taking ownership for their domain.
- Detail Oriented. Best practices, documentation and unit tests savvy.
- Team Player. Exhibits strong teamwork skills, is a good communicator. Can work with remote colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial. Is able to think critically for out-of-the-box solutions, can find nimble workarounds for a startup, is tech savvy with some understanding of the nutritional tech space and has some experience in marketing.
- Fast Learner. Is curious and excited to learn new framework and technologies.
- Reliable. Perform duties with integrity, dependable to get work done and exceed expectations.
- Honest. Doesn’t over-promise and is transparent about work done and blockers.