Title: LGBT Health Intern
Reports to: Intern Coordinator and National Coalition for LGBT Health Manager
The LGBT Health intern will provide the Coalition team with programmatic support, research and analysis, and writing and reporting related to the broad spectrum of LGBT programmatic efforts with consumers, advocates, healthcare providers, community-based organizations, and healthcare organizations. Primary responsibilities will focus on overall communications support through the following activities:
- Analyzing survey findings and developing report(s) that assess the health needs and concerns of the LGBT community and LGBT-serving healthcare providers;
- Researching various LGBT health, advocacy, capacity building, and other health-related topics and reporting on findings;
- Assisting in development of written materials for the organization (including press releases, web content, promotional products, social media efforts, etc.);
- Attending conferences and meetings on behalf of the Coalition;
- Participating on webinars and calls with governmental, academic, and nonprofit agencies;
- Assisting in creation of PowerPoint (and other materials) for conferences and presentations;
- Supporting proposal development/grant writing (including conducting needs assessments and original research); and,
- Assisting with social media and communications for the Coalition.
- A strong interest in health care, health policy, or public health
- Excellent writing skills and research capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think creatively and work well in groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to work autonomously, with direction and support
How to Apply:
Send application materials by email to internships at healthhiv.org with “LGBT Health Intern” as the subject. Include in a single document (PDF or Word): a cover letter with the semester you are applying for, your resume or CV, and a 1-3 page writing sample.
This is a paid internship that could potentially lead to a paid staff position in the fall.